Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New ideas

So as I was traveling across the country, I was coming up with new ideas for my kids. One thing I realized this past year is that they had trouble with tens frames. I noticed that many of them would still count even if the frame was full. I was trying to come up with a way for them to get some automatic recognition for numbers and tens frames so I came up with a couple ideas. Tens frames
My first thought is to use the mats for number identification using counters and then a small ring for the final counter to circle the number. I'm also thinking this will work with addition and subtraction. Using objects instead of counters as well as laminating them and using dry erase markers or putting them on a cookie sheet and using magnets, the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment