Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Summer Read

Several years ago I heard about Ron Clark on The Oprah Winfrey Show. I saw the movie with Matthew Perry and was touched. I read The Essential 55 which was about the rules and expectations in his classroom. This summer I saw a list of the 25 top summer reads for teachers. I pulled several up on Amazon (love that they let you read pieces of the books) and finally pulled up The End of Molasses Classes by Ron Clark. As I read through the Amazon sneak peek I found myself laughing and tearing up all at the same time and decided I really wanted to read the whole book. I considered ordering the electronic version and reading it on my iPad but somehow I knew this was going to be a book I wanted to share with my co-workers and friends. Monday I got my book in the mail and I'm loving it. I'm just wondering if anyone had read the book or visited the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta? (click on the title above to get a sneak peek)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy Hi! I couldn't find your email button. I nominated your blog for the new blogger Liebster Award. Keep sharing I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, just wow! You are so creative and talented! Thanks for sharing your "summer read"!

    Regards
    Amit | Laptop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Students pursuing IT courses often deal with programming, databases, networking, cybersecurity, and software development assignments. Managing these technical tasks alongside other coursework can be challenging, especially when deadlines are approaching. Best it assignment help in australia can provide useful academic guidance for understanding complex concepts, improving research, checking code logic, and organising assignments effectively. Students can use such support to identify mistakes, strengthen their technical knowledge, and develop better problem-solving skills while ensuring their final work follows academic guidelines and originality requirements.

    ReplyDelete