Thursday, August 4, 2011

Open House and Finishing Classroom

Well, tonight was Open House. I had 10 out of 18 families show up in addition to even more former students and their families. It's going to be an interesting year. Still hard to see how it will all fit together. The boys seemed to get along very well playing with the Legos together. My room finally started coming together right at the end of the day and right before the parents arrived. My closet on the other hand now needs help since I stuffed a lot of the mess in there for the time being.
These are my book buddy bags hanging on the stand that my wonderful hubby made for me.

My writing center, my hubby built the table years ago so that one side is chalkboard and the other side is dry erase. The table top lifts up and flips over to change.
Calendar and group activity area, my hubby built the chair too.
View from across the room.
I gave a bag to each new student that came for Open House.
Another view, hubby built the listening center table as well.

3 comments:

  1. I do take home bags too... we call them Discovery Backpacks! SUCH FUN!! Thanks for sharing all your classroom pics--looks like you have a pretty handy hubby. Lucky you!!
    Karen :o)
    Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete